Rondout Neversink Stream Program in Neversink, NY is seeking two paid part-time Stream Restoration Technician Interns. Primary duties include:
- Harvest willow cuttings to be used on Stream Restoration projects
- Willow and tree/shrub installation at Restoration sites using manual tools and gas or electric-powered equipment
- Plant care and plant nursery maintenance and improvements, including but not limited to: Weeding, repotting, installing irrigation (under supervision)
- Deer fencing installation and repairs
- Watering at project sites using a gas-powered pump and/or hydro‐seeder
- Identify and map invasive species, primarily Japanese Knotweed
- Assist with the treatment of invasive species
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to perform moderate labor, including lifting 40lbs and walking on uneven surfaces.
The pay rate is $18 per hour. The position will last through June with the potential for an extension. Email resume and two (2) references to Stacie Howell at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration if qualified.