The NYS Department of Health at the Monticello District Office is seeking a Summer Public Health Inspector.
- Perform environmental health inspection functions during the summer season
- Conduct routine sanitary code inspections of temporary residences (such as hotels, motels, campgrounds, mobile home parks, and lodging and rooming houses), as well as food service establishments, pools, beaches, and water supplies, pursuant to specific sections of the New York State Sanitary Code
- Require extensive travel, and travel percentages vary by position.
- Appointees will be required to provide their own transportation, as inspection responsibilities extend over wide urban and rural areas
- Mileage reimbursement is provided for use of personal vehicles. At the time of appointment, candidates will have to demonstrate their capacity to meet all transportation needs in carrying out their fieldwork responsibilities
- One year of experience performing environmental health or sanitarian work, or medical or laboratory technology functions.
- AND EITHER: 12 college credit hours in biology, chemistry, geology, hydrology, and/or physics
- OR: 6 college credit hours in biology, chemistry, geology, hydrology, and/or physics AND 6 college credit hours in science-based courses in one or more of the following applied sciences: environmental technology, sanitation technology, medical technology, public health, infection control, and/or food science.
- Substitution:?Additional college credit hours in the disciplines listed above beyond those required to meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted for the required experience at the rate of 15 credit hours equaling six months.
- You must include a transcript(s) indicating how you meet the qualifying credit hours options listed above. The transcript should include course names, credit hours, and the name of the college where your college credits were obtained. Failure to include this information will result in disapproval or a delay in processing your application.
The pay rate is $19.61 per hour. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and transcript(s), preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference AJR/PHI/2022 included in the subject line. Candidates, please specify the Monticello location. You may also contact the local Monticello office at: modohealth.ny.gov. Failure to include the required information, including transcripts, may result in disapproval or a delay in processing your application.