SUNY Sullivan is seeking Adjunct Nursing Faculty. Incumbents will assist full-time faculty in providing clinical and laboratory instruction under the general direction of the lead instructor to which he or she is assigned. All nursing faculty are expected to encourage students to think critically and analyze information as well as model professional ethical behavior which inspires achievement and leadership. This position will be expected to teach in person as well as online.
- Master’s degree in nursing (strongly preferred) or a Bachelor’s degree in nursing and matriculated in a graduate nursing program.
- A current New York State license as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience working as a Professional Nurse.
- Experience in Associate Degree Nursing education preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary for working with diverse groups of people with varying backgrounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and select clinical experiences for students on a weekly basis.
- Evaluate students’ skill performance and communication techniques in the clinical setting and skills laboratory.
- Evaluate students’ weekly written assignments, ensuring the application of nursing theory, nursing process, evidence-based-practice and scientific knowledge into the provision of patient care.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Nursing Program.
- Assist in evaluating, recording, and reporting student progress.
- Assist with nursing skills competencies.
Review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately in anticipation of a Fall 2022 appointment. The hiring range for this position is commensurate with faculty ranking. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the “APPLY NOW” button below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements
External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.