SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Instructional Assistant- Health Sciences. The position reports to the Director of Nursing, this individual will maintain the instructional equipment of the Health Sciences Department, assist with instructional duties in the department’s laboratory, and serve as the clinical liaison for the nursing program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, preferred
- At least two (2) years of hospital nursing
- Previous teaching experience is desirable
- Excellent nursing skills
- Ability to work well with others
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with instruction and provide remediation for all skills taught in the laboratory;
- Serve as an instructional resource for all health sciences faculty; provide simulation support to instructional activities as required;
- Operate and maintain the laboratory’s equipment, and ensure that all manikins and simulators are serviced and kept in working order;
- Set up competency evaluations for the faculty, and aid in laboratory set-up and break down;
- Maintain a regular lab schedule, with occasional weekend and evening hours required; ensure that the laboratory is available to students outside of designated laboratory class hours;
- Serve as clinical liaison between the nursing program and our clinical affiliates; maintain an accurate list of student and instructor clinical assignments;
- Maintain the laboratory inventory and budget, and order supplies as required.
- Other reasonable duties as may be assigned.
SUNY Sullivan is a principal employer in the Catskill region that seeks to invest in its employees by ensuring a well-rounded work/life balance for its employees. Employee benefits, sometimes called fringe benefits, are indirect forms of compensation provided to our employees as part of furthering the employment relationship. In addition to a comprehensive salary, generous insurance benefit programs and broad benefit time policies are available.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Health Insurance Buyback if the incumbent has other health insurance coverage,
- Generous annual PTO: 44 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 5 personal days.
- Participation in the NYS retirement system,
- Supplemental retirement annuities,
- College-sponsored life and accidental death insurance equivalent to the employee’s annual salary,
- College-sponsored Long-term disability coverage,
- Optional short-term disability, cancer or accident insurances,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan – flexible spending for medical and dependent care,
- Access to credit unions,
- Access to onsite Daycare,
- Wellness Program & access to the cardio & weight rooms in the Field House,
- Community Garden on campus,
- And more!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and the review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. The hiring range for this position begins at $42,770. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.