PLEASE NOTE: This evergreen job post will remain open for an indefinite period of time to collect a pool of qualified candidates, to be reviewed and contacted when there is a vacancy available. Applicants can expect that they may not be contacted at all if there is no need.
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of part-time IT Helpdesk Assistant in our academic computer lab. The IT Service Desk Assistant will be responsible for maintaining an appropriate work atmosphere in the academic computer lab, in addition to the specific duties and responsibilities listed below. The available schedule is a maximum of 25 hours per week. Pool applications accepted.
- Associate’s degree in computer-related major, Bachelor’s preferred.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of personal computers including software support and hardware trouble-shooting.
- Effective written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience providing technical support to end-users is highly desired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist students, faculty, and staff in the operation of computer equipment in the classrooms and labs, including:
- Answer questions and assist with hardware and software support including e-mail, printing, the internet, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Assist enrolled students in retrieving network account information.
- Monitor the software, hardware, and students, reporting any problems to the appropriate person.
- Maintain an atmosphere conducive to academic work in the computer lab.
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service as first point of contact between IT and students, faculty and staff.
- Answer service desk telephone and provide support to those seeking walk-in assistance.
- Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests, logs all incidents and requests in the service desk software, and escalates incidents and request to other IT staff as appropriate.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Institutional Computing and/or the Coordinator of IT Operations.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, however, review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. The starting rate for this position is $14.48 per hour.
Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.