SUNY Sullivan is accepting applications for part-time faculty for our Nursing Department. Duties include teaching, working towards continuous improvement to pedagogy and discipline specific content and through service to the college through shared governance. The major objective of the instructor in the department is to develop the student professionally, ethically and cognitively.
This position will report to the Director of Nursing. Openings are available for either day, evening, or weekend classes.
- Holds a current New York State Professional Nurse License.
- Preferred: Holds a Master’s Degree in Nursing and experience in areas of responsibility in which clinical competence is expected.
- Required: Bachelors of Science in Nursing with the intent to obtain a MSN and experience in the areas of responsibility in which clinical competence is expected.
- Familiarity with instructional technology for facilitating and managing online portions of classes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary for working with diverse groups of people with varying backgrounds.
- Must communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty, administrators and clinical facilities (if applicable).
- Preferred: Experience teaching in an accredited program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To teach the required curriculum
- Correct submitted assignments within a week of receipt.
- Provide instruction, assessment and mentor students.
- Work with the Director of Nursing Programs to develop a curriculum.
- Process attendance and grades per college policies and procedures.
- All adjuncts other than clinical adjuncts must have open office hours. These can be completed in-person, via telephone or Zoom.
- Attend department meetings.
The position will remain open until filled. The hiring range for this position is commensurate with ranking.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the review of resumes will be on-going. Salary is determined by a candidate’s rank at SUNY Sullivan, based on experience, education, and contact hours. The full salary range is $655 per contact hour to $740 per contact hour.
Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, and the contact information including emails for 3 professional references.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.