SUNY Sullivan’s 24-Credit Hour High School Equivalency Program
- 6 credits in English Language Arts, which can include writing, speaking, and/or reading (literature;
- 3 credits in mathematics;
- 3 credits in natural science;
- 3 credits in social science;
- 3 credits in humanities;
- 6 credits in student’s degree program.
- All 24 college credits apply toward a degree or certificate program.
- Students may take additional credits while completing the 24-Credit Hour Program, including developmental education courses; however, those do not count toward the 24 credits.
- Financial Aid Programs are available to qualifying students.
Everyone* who needs a high school equivalency diploma is eligible
- Home schooled students;
- Students who have stopped attending high school;
- School-aged students who wish to attend college early;
- Adults with a high school diploma not recognized in New York State; and
- Adults without a high school diploma.
*Some students will need permission from their local high school to participate.
How to Apply for the 24-Credit Hour Program:
- Complete an application for admission to SUNY Sullivan.
- Our schedulers will contact you to set up an appointment.
- If you attend to apply for financial aid, complete your FAFSA.
- Have your high school mail or fax an official academic transcript of all work completed before you withdrew.
If you have questions, call the Office of Admissions at (845) 434-5750, ext. 4287.