We hope you are doing well and that you ended your spring semester successfully.
Thank you for your patience. It’s finally time to return to campus to gather your belongings. It is our goal to facilitate a highly controlled check out process that keeps with social distancing guidelines mandated by the State of New York.
Please read this information in its entirety. Many questions are answered here. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com
Check out is by appointment only, in keeping with the Governor’s requirements.
Students MUST make an appointment on their designated day, as only 4 students per floor and 2 students per townhouse will be permitted to move out during the same check out periods.
Students who show up without an appointment will not be permitted to enter housing and will be required to leave campus immediately.
Please be aware that bus service is limited and does not run on a reliable schedule right now, so please do NOT plan to come to campus via bus.
Since most rooms are only partially occupied with personal belongings, students will have 1 ½ hours to pack their belongings and move out of housing. This will allow us to provide access in an efficient manner to all students.
If you or anyone in your household is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please DO NOT return to campus to check out. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate options.
Social Distancing Requirements
In compliance with social distancing practices that diminishes the spread of COVID-19, please follow these instructions:
- It is critical you arrive and depart at your designated times. Doing so will allow everyone to follow the Governor’s mandate for social distancing. Failure to do so many require scheduling another appointment for a different day.
- No more than one helper may accompany you in the building: 1 resident plus 1 helper.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining 6 feet between each person while on campus.
- Masks and gloves must be worn while on campus.
Move Out Planning
- Bring your own boxes and any other packing materials you may need.
- When arriving on campus: park in the Fieldhouse lot.
- Please be respectful of designated parking spaces designated by Campus Safety.
- Pack up your belongings
- Move your vehicle to the entrance loading zone only when you are ready to load.
- Please be aware, volunteers to help carry items, handcarts, and dollies will not be available.
- You should plan to arrive with any supplies you deem necessary for moving.
- Be mindful of the extra work by our housekeepers and put your trash in the dumpsters nearest your building.
- Donations of any items, including food, clothes, household items,
etc., will not be accepted.
Check Out Details
- You are required to remove all personal belongings and trash from the room, however you do not need to sweep or clean.
- You are required to return the furniture to the original set up (all furniture against the walls).
- When you are done emptying your room, please bring your ID card (and key for ECO residents) to the front desk.
- Your room will be inspected for damages 14 days after you check out.
If you have a need that differs from any of the above options, email email@example.com with your detailed situation and request.
Fall Registration—we can help you register for Fall classes after you check out of your room
Check out schedule
Please know we recognize that the last few months have not been easy for you and your family. We understand that this is a challenging time and we ask for your cooperation as we are keeping a strict schedule in order to keep everyone safe. Our check out plan is meant to create a sense of structure during a time when everyone is feeling a bit unsteady.
If you schedule an appointment on a date other than the date(s) designated for your floor, your appointment will be cancelled and you will be asked to schedule another appointment.
If you have any concerns or conflicts with the date(s) designated for your floor/building, please contact Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Please be aware that any items left in rooms after June 9 will be disposed of. We genuinely want to avoid this potential scenario, so please contact Deb with any issues.
The link to schedule a check out appointment: TBD
You have been missed! We look forward to seeing you soon.