SUNY Sullivan is committed to building a global community here on our campus, and we look forward to you becoming a member of that community.
There are very specific steps that international students must take to apply as a full time student in the United States. Therefore, we ask international students to begin their application process at least 3 months prior to the start of the semester they wish to enroll. To begin the application process:
- International Students should use the specific International Students Application
- Review the Cost Breakdown for International Students to attend SUNY Sullivan for one academic year. The federal government requires that you have the stated amount, and can document that you have those funds available to you, before a visa will be issued to you to enter the United States for full-time study.
- Review the list of evaluation services. All transcripts, both high school and college, not issued by an American institution, must be translated/evaluated by an American evaluation service for equivalency to a transcript issued by an institution in the United States. SUNY Sullivan generally uses World Education Services (WES), or Globe Language Services, Inc., both located in New York City. You may, however, choose any service on the list. It is your responsibility to contact your service of choice to get instructions on sending your transcript.
- If English is not your native language and has not been your language of instruction for at least 5 years, you must make arrangements to take the Internet Based TOEFL (ibTOEFL). Students need a minimum score of 62 on the ibTOEFL in order to meet our English language requirement.
- Complete Forms FSA-2 (Personal Essay) and FSA-3 (English Proficiency Report) in their entirety. Be sure to get necessary signatures on the FSA-3.
- Complete Form FSA-4 (International Student Financial Statement) in its entirety, with bank statements and supporting documentation as required. Be sure to get the necessary signatures of bank officials and sponsors as required. Follow the instructions carefully.
- Mail all three forms, along with supporting documentation, to:
International Admissions Office
112 College Road
Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759-5723
Before Arriving on Campus
Enrolling international students should be certain to review the following information before arriving on campus.