Office of Human Resources
112 College Road
Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759
Or Email To:
Or Fax To:
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment announcement.
Applicants may be subject to background checks.
SUNY Sullivan follows an equal opportunity policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, military obligations and marital status.
Computer Science and Information Systems Adjunct
Posted: March 12, 2018
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Computer Science and Information Systems Adjunct. The incumbent will provide instruction for the following types of courses:
- Logic and Problem Solving (Intro to Procedural and OOP, Pseudocode, Python)
- Networking Essentials (CompTIA)
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems & Technology or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning preferred; or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems and 6 years or more experience in the field.
- Professional experience in Computer Science & Computer Information Systems or related field is highly desirable.
- Teaching experience, preferably in the community college setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary for working with diverse groups of people with varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to and effectively learn new technologies (learning management systems, online tools, simulated lab environments, etc.).
- Familiarity with a breadth and depth of technologies, as applied to specific classes
This position will remain open until filled; however, earlier applications will be given priority. Forward cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, résumé and contact information for three professionalreferences to:
Tutor – Nursing Program(s)
Posted: February 28, 2018
The Division of Health, Safety & Wellness at SUNY Sullivan is now accepting applications for a part-time, Nursing Tutor to works with Nursing students individually or in groups. The college is seeking candidates who exhibit a strong teaching record; excellent communication skills; and who demonstrate a willingness to support college commitments to a diverse student population.
- Licensed Registered Nurse with at least 2 years’ experience in practice.
- Alumni of the SUNY Sullivan Nursing Program preferred.
- Review lecture material for clarity and understanding.
- Assist with nursing research assignments.
- Assist with dosage calculation problems.
- Review clinical assignments, Discussion Board submissions, etc.
- Offer guidance for students when practicing skills in the Nursing laboratory.
- If time permits, assist pre-Nursing students in Math, English and Science course work.
The hiring range for this position is up to a maximum of $25 per hour. Review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. Please forward your cover letter and resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity.
Posted: February 20, 2018
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to hire two entrepreneurial leaders as Division Deans. The Deans, part of a new academic structure, will ensure that their division provides quality credit and non-credit programming that meets the needs of our students, community, and workforce partners and helps the college fulfill its mission as an economic catalyst to the service area. Under the new academic structure, one dean will supervise STEM, health sciences, and the Sullivan Catskills Hospitality Institute, and the other will supervise liberal arts, social sciences, and library services.
Sullivan County and SUNY Sullivan are experiencing unprecedented economic growth and development with new and expanding businesses in the areas of hospitality, healthcare, and agriculture. The College is seeking collaborative leaders with proven talents and abilities to direct the development, assessment, expansion, revision, improvement, and maintenance of multiple quality, relevant, education programs in this time of expansion and change. The Deans will leverage the college’s existing community partnerships such as Hudson Link, Hope Farm, and Sullivan Solar Garden to support this activity.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of full-time faculty or administrative experience, preferably at the community college level. He/she needs to have a commitment to a student-centered learning environment and to the comprehensive community college mission. The Deans must also be avid supporters of cultural and ethnic differences. A Master’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
The salary range for the Dean position is $70,000 to $75,000. SUNY Sullivan provides an exemplary benefits package.
These positions are open until filled, however, to ensure full consideration individuals should submit a complete application prior to March 30, 2018.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity.
Part Time Mentor – Tutor — Liberty Partnerships Program
Posted: December 14, 2017
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fil the position of Mentor- Tutor. The incumbent will assist the Director and Coordinator in implementing the Liberty Partnerships Program, an after-school and summer program designed to promote successful graduation, college readiness and career development among high school students. Some daytime hours may be required. Programming occurs at local school districts, and on the SUNY Sullivan campus. It requires a flexible work schedule. Night and weekends may occasionally be required for special events.
- College background required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in youth counseling, social work, or case work
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- Proficiency in MS Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in directing and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Liberty Partnerships Program in and out-of- school time for high school students enrolled in programming at the Liberty Partnership Program.
- Interact with students in order to assess their academic needs, and develop personal learning plans
- Comfortable assisting students with academic/homework needs at the middle and high school level
- Facilitate group discussions on topics related to college readiness and youth development
- Counseling and mentoring students regarding academic and personal issues at the individual and group level.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and Coordinator.
This is a part-time position. Mentor/Tutors will receive $15-20 per hour depending on experience and may work 10-20 hours per week, up to $12,000 annually. Hiring for this position is contingent on the finalization of the LPP Contract with the State and receipt of a clean criminal history record.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to email@example.com. and please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity.