Office of Human Resources
112 College Road
Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759
Or Email To:
Or Fax To:
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment announcement.
Applicants may be subject to background checks.
SUNY Sullivan follows an equal opportunity policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, military obligations and marital status.
Part Time Mentor – Tutor — Liberty Partnerships Program
Posted: December 14, 2017
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fil the position of Mentor- Tutor. The incumbent will assist the Director and Coordinator in implementing the Liberty Partnerships Program, an after-school and summer program designed to promote successful graduation, college readiness and career development among high school students. Some daytime hours may be required. Programming occurs at local school districts, and on the SUNY Sullivan campus. It requires a flexible work schedule. Night and weekends may occasionally be required for special events.
- College background required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in youth counseling, social work, or case work
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- Proficiency in MS Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in directing and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Liberty Partnerships Program in and out-of- school time for high school students enrolled in programming at the Liberty Partnership Program.
- Interact with students in order to assess their academic needs, and develop personal learning plans
- Comfortable assisting students with academic/homework needs at the middle and high school level
- Facilitate group discussions on topics related to college readiness and youth development
- Counseling and mentoring students regarding academic and personal issues at the individual and group level.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and Coordinator.
This is a part-time position. Mentor/Tutors will receive $15-20 per hour depending on experience and may work 10-20 hours per week, up to $12,000 annually. Hiring for this position is contingent on the finalization of the LPP Contract with the State and receipt of a clean criminal history record.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. and please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity.