If you are interested in applying for one of the available positions, please send a cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy (faculty positions only), resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to:
Office of Human Resources
112 College Road
Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759
Or Email To:
Or Fax To:
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment announcement.
Applicants may be subject to background checks.
SUNY Sullivan follows an equal opportunity policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, military obligations and marital status.
Adjunct Nursing Faculty
Posted: November 19, 2019
- Master’s degree in nursing (strongly preferred) or a Bachelor’s degree in nursing and matriculated in a graduate nursing program.
- A current New York State license as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience working as a Professional Nurse.
- Experience in Associate Degree Nursing education preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary for working with diverse groups of people with varying backgrounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and select clinical experiences for students on a weekly basis.
- Evaluate student’s skill performance and communication techniques in the clinical setting and skills laboratory.
- Evaluate student’s weekly written assignments, ensuring the application of nursing theory, nursing process, evidence-based-practice and scientific knowledge into the provision of patient care.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Nursing Program.
- Assist in evaluating, recording and reporting student progress.
- Assist with nursing skills competencies.
This position will remain open until filled. Salary is predicated on faculty rank. Comprehensive background checks will be conducted for all selected candidates. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity, and forward cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, résumé and contact information for three professional references via e-mail to:
Coordinator/Lead Instructor of YES at SUNY Sullivan
Posted: February 7, 2020
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the part-time position of Youth Educational Services (YES) Program Coordinator and Lead Instructor for the WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act).
The incumbent will lead the educational team serving Sullivan County’s disadvantaged in-school and out-of-school youth between the ages of 16-24 years. The goals of the program are to upgrade students’ basic academic skills, evaluate and prepare them for High School Equivalency (HSE) programs, and to assist out-of-school students to graduate college or career ready. The YES at SUNY Sullivan Coordinator/ Lead Instructor will work closely with the Sullivan County Center for Workforce Development (SCCWD) Youth Coordinator, and other contracted WIOA service providers and report to the SUNY Sullivan Dean of Enrollment Management.
The YES at SUNY Sullivan program will serve county students at the SUNY Sullivan campus. It is a part-time, grant-funded position. Continuation of employment is contingent on passing NYSED background check, positive performance reviews and continued grant funding.
- Bachelor Degree required;
- Teacher certification a plus;
- Experience in education, program coordination, and schedule management;
- Experience with or willingness to work with disadvantaged youth;
- Bi-lingual English – Spanish a plus;
- Applicants must be proficient in MS Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with the SCCWD Youth Coordinator and SUNY Sullivan staff to ensure clear communication and active support of students participants;
- Work with the YES at SUNY Sullivan Instructor to create and implement curriculum, train tutors, and serve participants;
- Coordinate tutor and class and lab schedules;
- Submit all timesheets;
- Work with the YES at SUNY Sullivan Instructor to review student applications, administer skills assessment tests, and recommend students to the appropriate High School Equivalency programs
- Administer, score and record the results of the TABE test;
- Attend Workforce Development contractor training;
The Coordinator will receive an annual stipend of approximately $20,000, depending on experience, and may work up to 25 hours per week, depending on the needs of the program. Afternoons and some evening hours are required. Hiring for this position is contingent on receipt of a clean criminal history record.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity. E-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources at:
Part Time Mentor – Tutor — Liberty Partnerships Program
Posted: March 12, 2020
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Mentor Tutor in the Liberty Partnerships Program. The Mentor – Tutor will assist the Director and Coordinator in implementing the Liberty Partnerships Program, an after-school, day school and summer program designed to promote successful graduation, college readiness and career development among high school students. Some daytime hours may be required. Programming occurs at local school districts, field trips, and on the SUNY Sullivan campus. It requires a flexible work schedule. Night and weekends may occasionally be required for special events. The Mentor Tutor for the Liberty Partnerships Program reports to the LPP Director, and will take direction from the Program & Education Coordinator. This is a part-time, grant-funded position.
- College background required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience or willingness to work with disadvantaged youth
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge in specific academic subjects
- Experience in youth counseling, social work, or case work
- Proficiency in MS Windows
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with students in order to assess their academic needs, work with the LPP team to develop learning plans and assist with designing curriculums.
- Assist in directing and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Liberty Partnerships Program in and out-of- school time for high school students enrolled in programming at the Liberty Partnership Program.
- Tutor LPP students based on assessed areas of need.
- Comfortable assisting students with academic/homework needs at the middle and high school level.
- Facilitate group discussions on topics related to college readiness, life skills and youth development.
- Mentoring students regarding academic and personal issues at the individual and group level.
- Keep informed of current trends in education.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
The Mentor-Tutor will receive $16.37 to $18.31 per hour depending on experience, and may work up to 25 hours per week, depending on the needs of the program and dates that the public schools are in session. Hiring for this position is contingent on the finalization of the LPP contract with the State and receipt of a clean criminal history record. E-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources at:
Adjunct Faculty – Pastry Arts
Posted: September 28, 2020
SUNY Sullivan is seeking candidates to fill an adjunct position in Pastry Arts for a Spring, 2021 appointment. Applicants should have experience in bakery applications, including cake decorating, confection work and pastries, and use this experience to teach basic baking/pastry technique, and bread and roll baking basic technique. Each class meets one day a week for five hours, there will be fifteen sessions in the semester. These classes are scheduled to be taught on campus.
- Associate’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of five years professional experience
- Previous experience in a teaching/training environment is preferred.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled, however the review of applications will begin immediately. Send cover letter and resume with names, addresses and phone numbers of 3 professional references to:
Head Women’s Basketball Coach
Posted: October 9, 2020
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
The Head Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for the overall operation of our nationally recognized NJCAA Division II Women’s Basketball program. This person will also assist with student retention and the operation and administration of the Department of Athletics.
This position reports to the Director of Athletics and works hours as assigned by the Director of Athletics and as needed to meet athletic programming and department schedule requirements. Weekend and evening hours are required, as needed. An in-season and out-of-season work schedule will be created as per the needs of the program and department.
The position is classified as Academic Support Staff and the incumbent is a member of the Professional Staff association. This is a full time position.
The Department of Athletics, as a partner in the mission of SUNY Sullivan, provides an effective learning experience for student-athletes through competitive NJCAA Division I, II & III Athletics. We are committed to cultivating an environment of excellence that fosters personal growth, leadership development, responsible citizenship, and teamwork. The department promotes pride, loyalty and unity within the SUNY Sullivan community and creates opportunities for life-long relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree is preferred) in Physical Education, Sports Management or Recreation or related field is required.
- At least three (3) years of experience coaching basketball and athletic administration, preferably on the collegiate level, is required.
- Proficiency using MS Office software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, athletes, staff, faculty, alumni, administrators and parents.
- Ability to inspire achievement and leadership among students, athletes and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and coordinate the planning, organizing, and coaching of the SUNY Sullivan’s women’s basketball program including the Junior Varsity Team. Coordinate all basketball related duties to include recruitment of players, team practice and game management at the scholarship level.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the Women’s basketball staff to include planning, organizing and coaching of the women’s basketball team; ensure compliance with College, NJCAA, Region XV and Mid-Hudson Conference policies and regulations.
- Direct the basketball staff in preparation and analyses of opponent teams; analyze game statistics tactical data of opponents and prepare game plans accordingly.
- Assign and supervise the basketball staff in the recruitment of new players; in conjunction with the Director of Athletics, determine recipients of basketball scholarships.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student/athletes at SUNY Sullivan.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters; consult with College administration and faculty for resolution of problems as required.
- Work closely with the Athletic Trainer and School Nurse for the care and prevention of athletic injuries and support the overall drug and alcohol education program for student-athletes.
- Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Direct various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, and schedules of the Women’s PT Basketball Staff. Make recommendations to the Athletic Director for assistant basketball coaches and managers. Supervise coaching and managerial staff of Women’s basketball team to include a full JV program.
- Study, evaluate and implement innovations in basketball strategy and equipment.
- Represent SUNY Sullivan Department of Athletics in professional, civic, charity and alumni events.
- Assist in the implementation and management a summer sports camp program.
- Function as a coordinating liaison with the employees of the Admissions Office, Dormitory Corporation, Learning Center, Financial Aid Office and other offices on campus to facilitate each student-athletes’ transition to college life.
- Assist the Athletic Director in the implementation of an academic monitoring program for all student athletes and assist part-time coaching staff by supervising mandatory study hall programs for all SUNY Sullivan student-athletes.
- Assist in the operation and management of the Paul Gerry Fieldhouse including, but not limited to: Building supervision responsibilities and coverage which will include evenings and/or weekends.
- Assist in events in the Field House as assigned by the Director of Athletics and/or the Dean of Student Development Services, that are hosted or sponsored by the College
- Represent, as assigned by the Athletic Director and in consultation with the Public Relations Office, the College’s sports programs to the media and at public functions in accordance with College policy regarding contacting members of the media.
- Participate and coordinate the participation of varsity athletes and coaches in the fundraising ventures of the department including, but not limited to, the operations of The General Store and The Generals’ Club.
- Assist in the supervision of the work-study program.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Athletic Director and/or the Dean of Student Development Services.
Operations and Administration
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled in anticipation of a Spring 2021 appointment. The hiring range for this position is $42,770-$46,853.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity, and e-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to: