Paul Gerry Fieldhouse
The athletics department is located in the Paul Gerry Fieldhouse, a 30,000-square-foot facility featuring a fitness center, cardio room, indoor running track and basketball, volleyball, tennis, badminton and racquetball courts. The building had a major face lift in the summer of 2007, receiving a new state-of-the-art floor, lighting system upgrade and interior paint job. In 2008 it was connected to the college’s geothermal heating and cooling system, making it the largest enclosed air-conditioned facility in the area. In addition to college sporting events, the fieldhouse serves as a popular venue for community events and gatherings.
Other athletic facilities on campus include an outdoor, recreation-size pool as well as baseball and soccer fields.
NJCAA Men’s Division III Basketball Tournament Returns to Sullivan
The Championship will once again take place at SUNY Sullivan’s Paul Gerry Fieldhouse in Loch Sheldrake, New York on March 10-12, 2016. For more information, visit championships-sullivan.com
Sullivan fields 12 intercollegiate sports teams including:
- Men’s & Women’s Cross Country
- Men’s & Women’s Basketball
- Co-ed Cheerleading
- Men’s & Women’s Golf
- Men’s & Women’s Outdoor Track
- Women’s Volleyball
NJCAA and SUNY Sullivan Eligibility Rules for Intercollegiate Sports
- Student-athletes must maintain 12 or more credits and have an academic average of 2.0 or more after each semester. A student who drops below 12 credit hours immediately becomes ineligible for athletic participation
- Second season of participation: student-athletes must have passed a minimum of 24 credit hours with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
In addition to competitive sports teams, the college offers a variety of intramural sports programs and fitness & wellness classes.